Nintendo’s Chinese Push Powers up – iQue Range Expanded

Plus! South America is next target...

Posted by Staff
Nintendo Japan has decided to beef up its Chinese iQue offering, with Paper Mario added to a roster that now includes F-Zero X and Mario Kart 64 amongst others.

Reports that Treasure’s acclaimed Sin and Punishment will be hitting the system could not be confirmed at time of going to press.

In other news, Nintendo has announced that the iQue will also be released into selected South American countries before the end of this fiscal year. As you may be aware, Nintendo - during its Pokemon IP infringement witch-hunt - labelled the South and Central American regions as part of its axis of piracy evil, as it did China.

We’ll keep you updated with the roll-out of the rather interesting iQue as and when we hear anything.
Companies:
Games:

Comments

Joji 11 Jun 2004 14:32
1/3
Dammit they are getting Sin and Punishment. Noooooo!

Spreading thing into the evil axis looks like a necessary evil to get more sales, no surprise as Sony more or less have the most of the planet.

Mmmmmm. Separated at birth Ique Player, and NDS? Makes me wonder if they'll be launching DS in China. Perhap DS might also see SaP port at some point.

Clutching at straws, I dunno maybe I am.
crafty bison 11 Jun 2004 15:15
2/3
Joji wrote:

>Dammit they are getting Sin and Punishment.
>Noooooo!

So unfair, especially as we never got it.
Pandaman 12 Jun 2004 07:36
3/3
Maybe the kids will have something else to try and save their money up for outside of drugs for once.
Posting of new comments is now locked for this page.